I am Assistant Professor at TU/e – Eindhoven University of Technology.
My team is part of the Photonics and Semiconductor Nanophysics group at the Department of Applied Physics and the Institute for Photonic Integration.
The goal of my research is to find new and improved ways of making light interact with very small matter, particularly by designing metal and semiconductor nanostructures.
2016- Assistant Professor, TU/e – Eindhoven University of Technology, NL
2013-2016 Postdoctoral Fellow, Stanford University, US
2008-2013 PhD and MSc in Photonics, ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences, ES
2002-2007 BSc in Physics, Universidad de Salamanca, ES
- 2015 – Extraordinary Doctoral Thesis Award, Polytechnic University of Catalonia
- 2014 – ICFO PhD Thesis Award, ICFO–The Institute of Photonic Sciences
- 2014 – NanoMatMol Award, Spanish Royal Societies of Chemistry and Physics. Best thesis in Nanoscience and Molecular Materials defended in Spain in 2013.
Grants and Fellowships
- NWO START-UP grant, Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research
- Marie Curie Fellowship (International Outgoing), European Commission
- Quantum and Nano Science and Engineering Fellow, Stanford University
- PhD Fellowship for Training of University Staff, Spanish Ministry of Science